Booking Policy and Guest information
Payment and cancellation:
We operate a small business and cancellations and no-shows have a big impact on us, especially if we've had to turn away other guests. We hope that guests understand this and the need for a cancellation policy.
- Credit/debit card details are required to secure your booking. No payment is taken prior to your arrival but we reserve the right to pre-authorise payment cards.
- If you cancel your reservation within 48 hours of 12:00am on the date of your arrival you will be charged 50% of the total price of the reservation.
- In the event of a 'no- show' 100% of the reservation will be charged.
- However, for large events/group bookings/peak weekends- a non-refundable 25% deposit may be required.
- Full business invoices are e-mailed and payment is to be made by card on the electronic invoice.
- Payment can also be made by bank transfer and this is the only option for business/long term rates.
- For guests transferring monies from abroad this is subject to an international bank transfer fee.
- The business is not VAT registered.
COVID & Payments- all payments are to be contactless by card details, card payment link or bank transfer.
Cancellation by us:
- Should it become necessary for us to cancel a booking we will contact you immediately.
- Any payments made will be refunded in full.
- We will try to attempt to find you alternative accommodation which is of a similar standard and price.
Ways to book:
- Guests may prefer to book direct for a cheaper rate.
- We do offer a 3 day+ business rate for those wishing to stay on a regular basis/ during weekdays.
- Other booking platforms include, Booking.com, Expedia and Airbnb
Check in/Check out/Access:
- At the point of booking an approximate time of arrival is required to ensure you're met and welcomed.
- Our check in time is 4pm-9.30pm
- Alternative times can be discussed with the management. We can be flexible!
- Check out is 11am.
- Our bed and breakfast rooms are located within the main house and a code is required for the keypad entry at the front door. This will be given to you on the day of arrival .
- Out of courtesy, please let us know if you are going to be earlier or later than expected so other guests can be warned of potential disruption.
Please note that daytime access for guests may be restricted for security reasons. We may be out during the day and can't leave strangers in our home, we're not a hotel and do not offer 24 hour staffing. Please discuss your daytime access needs.
We do not accept daytime sleepers.
Letting additional guests, which are not known to the management is strictly prohibited. The rooms are for registered paying guests only. All guests are registered upon arrival.
The B&B is a family establishment and safety and security is a top priority
There is CCTV in operation outside the premises.
The B&B is in an isolated rural location down an unmade track. We are 1 mile from the nearest amenities, please plan your evening meal accordingly. We do have a small guest fridge & microwave.
The unmade track is owned by the National Highways but it is not a priority byway. We do our best to maintain an adequate driving surface. We apologise if it is a little bumpy. A recommended speed is <20mph.
We aim to provide clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated rooms. Many of the rooms have been refurbished to a high standard and we continually strive to update and improve our rooms. In the event of damage (deliberate, reckless or negligent) or the removal of property, you will be liable for the full cost of replacing or repairing those items.
Smoking & Pets
We are a strictly non smoking and pet free guest house. Although we love animals, some guests do not and suffer with allergies.
Parking and WiFi
Ample free parking and free WiFi in all guest areas.
There is CCTV over the parking area, however guests park their vehicle/s at their own risk.
Pre-order breakfast service & packed breakfast service:
You will find in your room a pre-order breakfast form. Breakfasts times can get very busy and all breakfasts are cooked freshly to order. If you require a faster checkout and want your breakfast ready at a certain time, we ask that you fill this pre-order form. If you need an especially early start, your breakfast can be packed and waiting for you.