Booking Policy and Guest information
- You may reserve a room via Booking.com, Laterooms or Airbnb, or by booking direct.
- Guests may prefer to book direct for a cheaper rate.
- We do offer a 3 day+ business rate for those wishing to stay on a regular basis/ during weekdays.
- We operate a 'pay when you stay' policy and the bill is settled either on arrival or departure & no monies are paid to online booking agents.
- Full business invoices can be e-mailed and payment can be made by card on the electronic invoice.
- Payment can also be made by card, cash or BACS
- For guests transferring monies from abroad this is subject to an international bank transfer fee.
For major event weekends such as the Rutland Bird Fair, Greenbelt festival, Burghley Horse Trials and Rockingham Speedway events there is a 2 night minimum stay and pre-payment is required.
Reservations can be cancelled free of charge up to 1 day (24 hours) before 12.00am on the day of arrival.
If cancelled after this time 100% of the first nights stay will be charged or if booking via the website the deposit is forfeit.
In the event of a no show 100% of the booking total is charged.
Check in/Check out/Access:
- At the point of booking an approximate time of arrival is required to ensure you are met and welcomed.
Our check in time is 4pm-9.30pm Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday with the exception of 5pm check in Wednesday & Thursday.
- Check out is 11am.
Our bed and breakfast rooms are located within the main house and a code is required for the keypad entry at the front door. This will be sent to you on the day of arrival . Out of courtesy, please let us know if you are going to be earlier or later than expected so other guests can be warned of potential disruption.
Please note that daytime access for guests may be restricted for security reasons (we are likely to be out during the day and can't leave strangers in our home, we are not a hotel and do not offer 24 hour staffing). Please discuss your daytime access needs.
We can not accept daytime sleepers.
The B&B is in an isolated rural location down an unmade track. We are 1 mile from the nearest amenities, please plan your evening meal accordingly. We do have a small guest fridge & microwave.
The unmade track is owned by the National Highways but it is not a priority byway. We do our best to maintain an adequate driving surface. We apologise if it is a little bumpy. A recommended speed is <20mph.
We aim to provide pristine, comfortable and tastefully decorated rooms. Many of the rooms have been refurbished to a high standard and we continually strive to update and improve our rooms. In the event of damage (deliberate, reckless or negligent) or the removal of property, you will be liable for the full cost of replacing or repairing those items.
Smoking & Pets
We are a strictly non smoking and pets free guest house. Although we love animals, some guests do not and suffer with allergies.
Parking and WiFi
Ample free parking and free WiFi in all guest areas.
Pre-order breakfast service & packed breakfast service:
You will find in your room a pre-order breakfast form. Breakfasts times can get very busy and all breakfasts are cooked freshly to order. If you require a faster checkout and want your breakfast ready at a certain time, we ask that you fill this pre-order form in and hand it in at reception. If you need an especially early start, your breakfast can be packed and waiting for you.